Best movie links

Steve Jablonsky Talks About Transformers Scores, TF4 and More

In a kind of career retrospective interview with JoBlo.com, Transformers franchise composer Steve Jablonsky talks about his work, his writing process, other composers he has worked with and just a touch on his upcoming stint for Transformers: Age of Extinction. Below is the TF4 highlights but if a fan of his work, worth reading the entire interview - Part 1 | Part 2
I would argue that TRANSFORMERS was your "he's done it" score. Do you feel that's accurate?
I have heard that before and I appreciate it. Even Hans Zimmer had said to me one day, like, "You realize you have written something that's now part of the culture?" I said, "Wow I didn't know, I didn't actually realize that" but especially coming from him who has done that time and time again.

What was the process of doing TRANSFORMERS like?
I don't know, I didn't even know if I was doing it until he [Michael Bay] called me one day and started talking about it like I was doing it. I said, "oh, am I doing it?" [laughter] And he said, "Oh, yeah what do you think?" [laughter] I thought great. And of course TRANSFORMERS is- I had known about it since I was a kid. My brother was way into it, my younger brother. That was another level of...there is going to be a lot of people looking at this movie.
Read More »

0 comments:

Leave a Comment